Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When I am trying to do a digital painting in photoshop CS3 it ends up very pixelated. How can I stop this?

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. My image is 300dpi so I would have through I should be able to produce smooth lines/curves. Please help it is driving me bonkers!When I am trying to do a digital painting in photoshop CS3 it ends up very pixelated. How can I stop this?
Hmm, 300dpi doesn't mean anything on its own. Your actual image could be 10 pixels by 10pixels at 300dpi it would still be pixellated!





I suspect the problem is simply an image size problem. Try experimenting with the canvas size set it to like 1000x1000 pixels and see if that helps (Image -%26gt; Canvas Size then change units to pixels)





The dpi setting is generally used for relative print size.





Hope this helps!:)When I am trying to do a digital painting in photoshop CS3 it ends up very pixelated. How can I stop this?
I would have to see the actual image to know what the problem is because it doesn't make sense to me. If you're actually creating in photoshop there shouldn't be any pixelization since it's a fresh document.





If you're concerned because you're seeing the pixels and you have your magnification over 200%, well, that's just normal. Images are composed of pixels and these pixels are shown when . Try hitting the magnifying glass and then on the toolbar directly above the image hit either ';actual pixels'; or ';print size'; and that will give you an idea of what your image actually looks like.





Feel free to email me with other questions, but with your short explanation I don't really know what else could be going on.








EDIT:


Me does have a good point, if you don't want to deal with pixels at all then you'll need to use a program like Illustrator that does vector images.
Photoshop uses bitmap images. And JPG and other image formats have limits. Adobe Illustrator is what you need. Illustrator uses vector images which have NO edges and DOES NOT use pixels.
Might just be the resolution on your computer....


If not, try using a smaller brush.


That happens to me sometimes.





Hope I helped!
Lol your are on a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment