Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?

Hi everyone,


well just recently I started learning about digital painting... and now after some nice practice, I am currently working on my very first digital painting, which is of course very simple portrait of my self :) I guess everyone's first digital painting is their portrait :))





The stage I am currently in you can see here:


http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/nikolavejin/new.jpg





As you can see I did most of the painting, but it's still not very finished so I guess now I need to work on details (blending, polishing) for a while...





Now I would really appreciate if you could look at this painting and give me some tips on what you like and what you don't like on painting, and what should I do with it next... and anything you say about it would be very helpful for me since I am very willing to fix any mistakes and make this looks good.





It doesn't matter if you are professional in digital painting or not I need everyone's opinion :)


Tnx ;)Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?
I just did a digital painting this morning! I posted it on mg blog


http://jamesbiddulph.wordpress.com/





As for yours, its really good, just blend the colours but using a brush that is about 50% opacity with the colours that are next to each other.


Also, you should try getting some more colours in it, like reds and blues, but really subtle, cause skin isn't just one colour. Generally there is red on the cheeks and blue around the chin. Adding some irregularities using speckled brushes.





Im still only learning this stuff too, Im an illustration student, so if you find anything else out be sure to let me know, people only get better by sharing work around!Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?
oh my thats very nice i like it he looks so humanized
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment