Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?

Hi everyone,


well just recently I started learning about digital painting... and now after some nice practice, I am currently working on my very first digital painting, which is of course very simple portrait of my self :) I guess everyone's first digital painting is their portrait :))





The stage I am currently in you can see here:


http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/nikolavejin/new.jpg





As you can see I did most of the painting, but it's still not very finished so I guess now I need to work on details (blending, polishing) for a while...





Now I would really appreciate if you could look at this painting and give me some tips on what you like and what you don't like on painting, and what should I do with it next... and anything you say about it would be very helpful for me since I am very willing to fix any mistakes and make this looks good.





It doesn't matter if you are professional in digital painting or not I need everyone's opinion :)


Tnx ;)Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?
Nice work, I am a painter thats interested in digital work but nowhere as advanced as you so I dont know if I cant help other that to say whatever your doing seems to work so far. The eyes could do with a bit more work on highlights, and it's just me but Im not sure about the green tones on the chin. Ah now you've given me the kick start to go and do something useful, well done.Need some help with my digital painting... any tips and thoughts much appreciated?
Alike everyone else here, I have no experience in digital painting. The green tones on the chin are a little weird and the hair and lips need a little more highlighting. Other than that, I'm IMPRESSED! Excellent work! The picture looks very nice *wink wink* LOL!
I do more design than art in the digital world, but one resource I LOVE to use when it comes to learning new techniques is the wonderful world of YouTube. There are thousands of tutorials by people who like to share their techniques, and make it easy to follow along. You can get new ideas and try out new things just by watching someone else work.





As you try out the new things, you'll learn what techniques you like, what looks and styles you like, and start to develop a style of your own!





While I'm not a digital artist, my friend is, and I asked him and these are his favorite youtube videos on the subject:





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bc0mNcMa鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQnrRiC5鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3l7OTcE鈥?/a>





Use that as a start =) best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment