Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Photoshop Elements 6 or 7 for digital painting?

I recently bought a computer that runs on Vista, which is totally incompatible with the Photoshop Elements 3 that I currently own. Thus, I find myself forced to make an upgrade. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give a bit of advice on which version of elements to go with.





The full on version of photoshop is unfortunately a bit too pricey, but I was able to find one-time instant downloads of the software for elements 6 for $30 and 7 for $45 at http://www.mycheapsoft.com/search.php?search_query=photoshop%26amp;x=23%26amp;y=4. I use it mostly for digital painting, so I would value: a variety of brushes, easy to navigate canvas, little lagging, and ability to have many, many layers :D





Also, does that site seem legitimate to you, or a scam? The deal is almost too good...Photoshop Elements 6 or 7 for digital painting?
Why not install a dedicated drawing/painting program? There are some very good free and inexpensive ones available.


http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fre鈥?/a>





I know some young artists who've done wonderful work with ArtRage. Here's a link to ArtRage on DeviantArt.


http://www.deviantart.com/#order=9%26amp;q=Art鈥?/a>Photoshop Elements 6 or 7 for digital painting?
If version 6 is cheaper, go for it. Both versions meet your requirements. Also for one time downloads prices usually are cheaper, and even that seems expensive for a one time download since I got Photoshop Elements 7 (Boxed/new) at Costco for $60.





For more of a comparison, I would check the reviews of both products at amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment