Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I improve my digital painting?

This is where I am at right now:


http://i27.tinypic.com/33e4wf4.png





Obviously it is a work in progress but I would love to hear advice from artists who have been through this learning process.How can I improve my digital painting?
Same way you would traditionally..... DRAWDRAWDRAW some more.





You're doing well, I would like to see you improve your understanding of anatomy and form. By pushing forms and clearly defining shapes will make things pop and feel more real. Study the skull, study anatomy of the head.How can I improve my digital painting?
I agree with Puppy.
Nice work.





Few tips.





1) Get your sketch right. (see %26lt;frankie's comment) Leave it in a layer under your painting so you can check on it.





2) Faces work very well if you make it in layers and play with transparency and switch them around. One white one 'pink' and one in earth tones. The white layer is for your highlights. For makeup and for hair you use different layers also so they will not be affected when you modify the face.





3) Color your shades. Do not just darken them but ad to it to liven them up. Again Make a layer for the shades so you can revert adapt or chuck the result.





3) Work at full opacity if you use layer transparency and then move the slider back to the transparency you want.
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment