Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Criticism wanted on digital painting...?

I was bored, so I created a small scene in photoshop. helpful criticism is wanted. Don't just say; ';oh, you must be a n00b at photoshop'; Tell me what I need to improve, please. Besides...I'm still only 14, I have plenty of time to work on it ( and I am still pretty new to ps) :-)





http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg24/鈥?/a>








THANKS!Criticism wanted on digital painting...?
Thats pretty good for being only 14. Keep working at it and if you have the option in high school to take a digital art or a graphic design class, take it. You're around the same age when I discovered photoshop and I'm now 21 and about to graduate from college with my bachelors degree in graphic design!





Keep up the great work and look for different tutorials and keep playing with it!





If you want me to give you constructive criticism I will. The basic thing you need to work on is the composition of the image. Everything is in the center and its too predictable. The patch above the ball itself is just there, there is no purpose to it. Everything in every piece of artwork has a purpose for being there. I would maybe make a couple glass balls or shrink your composition. Colors are key as well, make sure they are complementary in your work. A easy way to get into that habit is by taking one color and using different shades of it. Keep those basic things in mind and it should help you.





Good luck!





http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20鈥?/a>





thats a link to work I do now in college. Some photoshop a lot of Illustrator





http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20鈥?/a>





thats a link to some photography that ive taken and edited in photoshop, that will give you a bigger perspective of what photoshop can do besides painting in it.Criticism wanted on digital painting...?
I really like it. The burst in the center on the orb is awesome. I think the cloud above is not adding to the picture in my opinion. Keep up the great work. You have much talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment