Monday, February 22, 2010

Digital painting on LCD monitor?

To the digital painters out there:


What kind of monitor do you have? Recently I got an LCD monitor but I find that painting with it is so much different. For instance, if I sit low on my chair the colours appear darker than when I look down on it. I find this very annoying and I'm afraid my art might come over differently to other people with different monitor settings.


Is it best to have a CRT monitor when painting?


Please give me your opinion.


Thanks.Digital painting on LCD monitor?
Every display or print device needs to have its color calibrated. Buy a color calibrator and use it.Digital painting on LCD monitor?
That all deends on your preference. CRT monitors can change to multiple resoultions and still look good. (800X600 or 1024X768) and the color is represented more realisticly. Most professional desginers will never use an LCD monitor! CRTs are also substantially cheaper than LCDs! On the other hand, LCDs are lighter, consumer less energy, and are thinner. If you want a CRT, try to get an expensiver model. If you get an LCD, make sure it has a wide Viewing Angle. That means how many degrees you can look from the top, bottom or side of the screen without the colors getting distorted or looking weird. I hope this helps you! Add details to your question if I left out anything and I will edit my answer to try to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment