Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is the best Tablet PC for digital painting?

his I'm digital painting and want to get tablet pc, but I don't know what are the best tablet Pc that would allow me to run photoshop and still have pen pressure sensitiveWhat is the best Tablet PC for digital painting?
I can't tell you for sure what the best is- but I'll tell you my experience with my tablet pc.


It's a Fujitsu Lifebook


It's pressure sensitive, but I had to get the tech support people to steer me to a waccom driver to make it work.


I mostly use it for Corel Paint, but I don't see why it couldn't handle photoshop.


I really like it- it's lightweight and has a feature that can transcribe writing into typed words.


The three drawbacks-


1. Like many notebooks, you can't read the monitor outdoors. (I believe they have a fancier version that bypasses the problem)


2. Medium- short battery life- when I'm running Corel Paint it only lasts a few hours.


3. It gets quite warm. Not a problem if it's a desk or table.


I hope this helps.What is the best Tablet PC for digital painting?
As a professional artist I've been using the 6x8 Wacom Intuos for the last ten years. I have four friends who are also professional artists and they too use the Wacom Intuos. we all use the 6x8 except for one. He uses the 4x5 and says it's satisfactory. We all agree there is no need to spend more for the largest size. The pressure sensitivity of the stylus (or pen) can be adjusted to your liking.


It's the only one we've all ever used so I can't honestly say if there is another model or brand that is in some way better but I don't see any reason to look elsewhere and neither does anyone I know. It's a GREAT tool!!!!!!!! Good luck!
try the wacom tablet pc thats what i use. http://www.wacom.com/





i don't know what your price range is but you should try to get the Cintiq 21UX : hen you're using a Cintiq you work with the pen directly on the screen. This empowers you to take advantage of your natural hand-eye coordination to work more quickly and intuitively in any software application. There is little or no learning curve because of this natural ';pen-on-paper'; work approach.





there is also many other cheaper tablets you can buy .





hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment