Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best digital painting tablet?

Want to get started in digital painting and need help with choosing an affordable yet quality digital painting/writing tablet. Any suggestions? Is one brand better than the others? I'm also trying to chose between Photoshop and Painter. Any additional tips/advice on digital painting greatly appreciated.Best digital painting tablet?
Wacom is the most commonly used tablets by digital painters and graphic designers. My recommendation for the Wacom Intuos4 ( http://www.wacom.com/intuos/ ). Like most tablets it comes in different sizes and it gets more expensive the bigger you go. Lots of people tend to think bigger is better but I actually prefer a medium tablet because I can get more control over my illustrations from using the movement of my wrist on a medium tablet as opposed to having to move my entire arm across a larger tablet. Different people have different definitions on what is ';affordable'; so I don't know how much you want to spend. The small intuos4 is about $229. But if you're looking for something relatively cheap to get started with for now, I say go with the Wacom Bamboo fun ( http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboo鈥?/a> ) which is only $99.





For software, again, people have their preferences, but Painter is geared more toward digital painting than photoshop is. It has more brush options and the interface is more conducive to that kind of work.





Good luck.Best digital painting tablet?
sorry, I thought I selected the 5 stars...anyone know how to change it?? oy

Report Abuse


  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment