Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want to enhance a digital picture on my computer so that it looks like a painting. I have a Mac.?

I want to take a picture and make it look like a painting. I know I can download (for a fee) a program that does this, but I was wondering if iPhoto might have this feature, though I'm not hopeful. Please help if you can. Thanks!I want to enhance a digital picture on my computer so that it looks like a painting. I have a Mac.?
As far as I know iPhoto does not have any painting tools. It is an image organizer and basic photo editor (it lets you make some basic corrections to photos).





There is a version of Gimp for Macs (actually I think there are a couple) but you may find both the installation and use a little confusing. It's a free image editor similar to Photoshop, although the interface is different. But it's OpenSource and free. Go here if you want more info:


http://darwingimp.sourceforge.net/





Other than that, your best bet may be to buy Photoshop Elements 6 for the Mac. It's less than $100 vs. the full version of Photoshop which will be $600 to $900.





Another option would be to buy Corel Painter X. It is specifically designed to help you create more artistic effects/painting effects.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment